Bail Bonds & Jail Info: Bonneville Cty, IDMonday, July 11, 2011
Bonneville County Jail
900 Environmental Way
Idaho Falls, ID 83401-1621
If you would like to visit with an inmate incarcerated in this facility you will have to follow this procedure.
1. Each person should have their personal Identification (ID) ready to be checked by the Deputy conducting visiting each time they visit the inmate.
2. Each person visiting an inmate must sign in on the visiting log at least 20 minutes prior to visiting the inmate. The log must be filled out accurately and clearly.
3. Each inmate is allowed only one 20 minute visit per scheduled visiting day. Visitors must sign in early and may have to wait through more than one visit to avoid missing that inmates visit Example: One party arrives and signs in on the visitor log not knowing that there were others that were coming to see the inmate. The inmate is allowed to visit that party Another party signs in on the visiting log after the inmate has visited the first party. The second party will not be allowed to visit the inmate that visiting day.
4. Scheduled visits have pre-set beginning and ending times, if you sign up less than 30 minutes before the scheduled end of a dorm's visiting hours and you are allowed to visit with the inmate you will not be given 20 minutes to visit. Your visit will end at the pre-scheduled time.
1. No more than three visitors per visiting booth at one time
2. All visitors must show valid ID. The ID must have your photo, name, and age on it.
3. Any person under the age of 18 must be accompanied and continually supervised by their parent or legal guardian through out the visit
4. No food or drinks are allowed in the visiting booths. All personal property must be secured in your vehicle (handbags, backpacks, pocket knives, toys, electronics, ceil phones, cameras, etc).
5. Once a Deputy has checked your ID and assigned you to a visiting booth, no one else is allowed to enter the booth without a Deputy checking him or her in or the visit will be ended.
6. Children must be kept under control. No running around, yelling, playing with the doors or telephones etc.
7. No sitting on table ledges in the visiting booths or letting children stand or sit on the ledges.
8. Any loud or obscene language will result in an escort out of the facility.
9. Inmates are only allowed one 20-minute visit per scheduled visiting day.
10. All visits are subject to being monitored and the visitors could be subject to personal search.
* Do not try communicating through the visiting windows with inmates going to court.
Notice to all Visitors.
Idaho Code 18-7018 (Injuring Jails) Every person who willfully and intentionally breaks down, pulls down or other wise destroys or injures any public Jail or other public place of confinement, is punishable by fine not exceeding $10,000.00 and by imprisonment in the State Prison not exceeding 5 years.
You must call the Jail and schedule the visit with a Deputy at (208) 529-1315.
If you would like to help an inmate post bond you have to know if the bond is a surety bond or a cash bond. A surety bond will allow you to use the services of a Bail Bondsman to post the bond for a monetary fee. A cash bond requires that the entire bond amount be paid in cash only. Cashier checks and money orders will be accepted for a cash bond as well.
If the bond is a surety bond or cash bond you have the choice of using the services of the bondsman or paying the entire bond in cash.
A $10.00 Sheriff's Bond fee is attached to each bond. This must be paid separate from the money for the bond charge and must be paid with exact change.
(Example: A person is charged with a DUI. The bond is a surety or cash bond in the amount of $500.00. The bond can be paid in cash, $500.00, or go through a bondsman, for the DUI and an additional $10.00 for the Sheriffs Bond fee.)
Click on the following link for a list of trusted bail bondsmen in Idaho Falls, ID or call 800.938.BAIL.